The Tank Gear is a shade of dark grey. It is possibly the largest hat in the game. It appears to be a form of a shell, covered in many spikes, there is a nose ring type ornament near the front. There are also two cute little-dotted eyes. Depending on who you ask, these can either take away from the menace or add to it.
The Tank Gear looks very similar to the Troll Cape ( which is accessible in the accessories area ). Same colours and similar design.
- The Tank Gear increases damage done to structures by 330%. It takes only four hits to destroy a wood wall, with the sword. Use the great hammer with this to get even more damage done.
- The Tank Gear greatly reduces move speed. The tank gear reduces the speed by 70%, which makes it very hard for combat.
- Contrary to common belief, the Tank Gear does not increase attack power to players, only to structures.
- Since the Tank Gear greatly reduces your move speed, wait until the last moment before equipping it.
- Use the Tank Gear to smash a hole in the enemy base, then switch to another hat and kill everyone.
- Once all the enemies are gone, switch back to the Tank Gear to smash the rest of their base.
- Try pairing with Shadow Wings to increase your movement speed.
- In Experimental servers, use tank gear to farm gold weapons (by destroying multiple turrets at once)
- Another strategy is to lure the players away from a base with another hat as far as they will go without turning back and kill them, then go back to their base and destroy it with the tank gear hat. Even if they have a spawn pad, they will spawn at a low age so you can kill them easily (only use this strategy if you are a very skilled player)