Spikes behave similarly to Walls, but damage enemies that touch them. They are round in shape, and share color scheme with Wood Walls. They have five metallic triangles protruding from them, representing spikes.
- Spikes are unlocked from the moment you join the game.
- Spikes deal 20 damage points to any enemy that touches them.
- Spikes cost 20 wood points and 5 Stone points.
- Spikes have 375 health points.
- You can place a maximum of 15 spikes.
- Line the inside of your Base with spikes, to kill players who try to boost through them.
- Use spikes to help block important areas of your base.
- Use spikes and Boost Pads to make traps that automatically kill players and animals.
- Trap a player or animal with a Pit Trap, then place a spike right next to him to kill it.
- Use Spikes in the Circle of Death, a trap involving Turrets.
- When running from players who are faster than you, quickly place spikes in their path to obstruct them.
- Place spikes on both sides at the end of the river and use a Flipper Hat around the area and patrol with a Katana for free kills. Animals also crowd around this area after some time and might stumble into the spikes once in a while, giving you extra kills.
- Spikes are one of the first items in the game.
- Spikes have been in the game since its launch, but were accidentally removed due to a glitch in version 0.892 when Sidney deVries changed the inventory System.
- Even though there are only 5 spikes, if you touch anywhere on the spike (doesn't matter whether it is in between or not) you will still take damage.
Spikes have been in the game since its launch. Version 0.25 increased the Spike's knockback, only to be changed back to normal in version 0.27. Version 0.52 increased the Spike limit to the modern 15. Since then the Spike has not changed at all.