Hats are purchased with Gold in the Store. While some may only serve as cosmetic features, others can provide the user with special bonuses ranging from easier snow movement to passive health regeneration. While multiple hats can be purchased, only one hat may be worn at any given time.
Table of Hats
At the moment, there are 11 free hats and a total of 27 hats that can be purchased in the game. In addition, there are 11 hats that exist in the game files but are unobtainable at the moment.
|Hat||Price||Image||In-game Description||Detailed Description||Tips|
|Shame!||Free||hacks are for losers!||Doesn't sell in store. You get it for spamming food too fast, and it is assigned for 30 seconds making it so you cannot eat food||Just don't hack and don't get.|
Or rage quit by legit food spamming when pinned by a Wolf.
|Moo Head||Free||No effect||Vanity item|
|Pig Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Fluff Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Pandou Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Bear Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Monkey Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Polar Head||Free||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Fez Hat||Free||No effect||Vanity item|
|Enigma Hat||Free||Join the Enigma army||Vanity item, based on the Featured Mootuber known as Enigma|
|Blitz Hat||Free||Hey everybody I'm Blitz||Vanity item, based on the Featured Mootuber known as Blitz|
|Bob XIII Hat||Free||Like and subscribe||Vanity item, based on the Featured Mootuber known as Bob XIII|
|Bummel Hat||100||No effect||Vanity item|
|Straw Hat||500||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Winter Cap||600||Allows you to move at normal speed in snow||Allows you to move at regular speed in the Snow Biome. While in the Snow Biome, it is FASTER than the Booster Hat.|
|Cowboy Hat||1000||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Ranger Hat||2000||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Explorer Hat||2000||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Flipper Hat||2500||Have more control while in water||Gives you 50% more resistance to the river's current||Use it when crossing the River, or when doing a lot of river stuff, e.g. River Trolling.|
|Marksman Cap||3000||Increases Arrow speed and range||Increases the speed and maximum distance of any arrows you shoot||Use it if you are using the bow, crossbow or repeater crossbow|
|Bush Gear||3000||Allows you to disguise yourself as a bush||Your name and health can't be seen by people who aren't in your tribe. What you're holding can be seen, though.||A tricky hat to use. Stand next to a structure like a wall or a tree to hide what you're holding, and you can do many things such as espionage or trolling|
|Halo||3000||No Effect||Vanity item|
|Soldier Helmet||4000||Reduces Damage taken but slows movement||Reduces damage taken by 20%, but makes you 6% slower||Combine with shield for maximum damage reduction|
|Anti Venom Gear||4000||Makes you immune to poison||Makes you immune to extra damage caused by poison spikes and Plague mask||Equip if you are poisoned|
|Medic Gear||5000||you slowly regenerate health||Regenerates 3 health per second when worn||Combine with Angel Wings to regenerate health rapidly|
|Miners Helmet||5000||Earn 1 extra gold per resource||Mining resources gives you 1 Gold||Useful for early on when you are mining for a better hat.|
Windmill Hat is better when wandering around, but use the Miners Helmet when mining.
|Musketeer Hat||5000||Reduces cost of projectiles||Reduces Projectile Cost by 50%||Use with the Repeater Crossbow, due to it's high wood cost being halved.|
|Bull Helmet||6000||Increases damage done but drains health||Increases melee damage done by 50%, but drains 5 HP per second. It also decreases movement speed by 4%||This hat is extremely powerful for player-vs-player combat situations, especially if you are also wearing angel wings, which will counterbalance most of the health penalty|
|Emp Helmet||6000||Turrets won't attack you but you move slower||Turrets ignore you, but can still hurt you if they unintentionally hit you. You move 30% slower when wearing this hat. Use when there are Turrets near.|
|Booster Hat||6000||Increases your movement speed||Increases movement speed by 16%||Use with shadow wings for high speeds. Use the Winter Cap in the snowy areas|
|Barbarian Armor||8000||Knocks back enemies that attack you||Players that hit you will be pushed back a sizable distance|
|Plague Mask||10000||Melee attacks deal poison damage||Any player you hit with a melee attack will be given 5 seconds of poison (poison deals 5 damage per second, totaling to 30 damage by the time the effect wears off)||Use with katana to deal large amounts of damage. Effective at taking out players who can heal very fast|
|Bull Mask||10000||Bulls won't target you unless you attack them||Entities with Hostile AI (Bulls, Bullies, and Wolves) will act as if you aren't there, and touching them will not effect you. Damaging them will cause them to damage and attack you, even if it was your Turrets.||Wear if you don't want to be bothered by bulls. You can also gather up bulls around your base for protection|
|Windmill Hat||10000||Generates points while worn||You get 1.5 gold per second when equipped||Use this whenever you are trying to get gold. Combining this hat with the maximum 7 Faster Windmills placed down will yeild maximum gold production per second when not mining/|
|Spike Gear||10000||Deal damage to players that damage you||Players that damage you with a melee attack will receive 45% of that damage||A great option for players who want to kill other players|
|Samurai Armor||12000||Increased attack speed and fire rate||Reduces attack cooldown by 22%||Useful for attacking situations, or for resource farming situations.|
|Bushido Armor||12000||Restores health when you deal damage||Heals 40% of Melee Damage you deal||A great option for players who want to kill other players|
|Scavenger Gear||15000||Earn double points for each kill||Killing other players will yield twice the normal gold reward||While it gives no combat advantages (thus leaving you at a disadvantage to players wearing different hats), this hat is great for quickly gathering large amounts of gold, if you are skilled enough at killing other players|
|Tank Gear||15000||Increased damage to buildings but slower movement||230% Increased Damage to Structures, 70% Reduced Movement Speed||The speed penalty is extremely slow, so only use it when needed. On the other hand, The damage done to buildings is a massive increase, so use it when breaking into enemy bases, or placing/breaking expensive buildings repeatedly to obtain gold/diamond tools|
These are hats found in game files but are really just the animated hats, specifically the part that is placed on the player, while the animated part is done with different code.
|Spike Gear Base, for when it is on players||10000||Reflects 45% of Melee Damage taken|
|Windmill Hat Base
For when it is on players
|10000||Gain 1.5 Gold per second|
There are some hats that exist in the game files that do not currently exist in the game. Here are the ones we know of:
- Upon death, only the hats and accessories you were wearing upon death you will keep when you respawn. Any other hats and/or accessories will get unpurchased
- Try to avoid spending gold on hats that are purely cosmetic, as they will not provide any bonuses where other hats would.
- Wearing the Bush Gear, try and hide your tools using Trees, Stone Mines, bushes and Gold Mines to make yourself almost indistinguishable from other players, or use a wooden shield, as that hides pretty well too. Also, you can make a decoy base and hold a building block (your choice of blocks, like wooden, stone, or castle walls) which will make you visibly a part of a base, which would fool your opponents into thinking that you are part of the base.
- Try to frequently change Hats to suit the situation you are in (Ex. Heal with Medic Gear; quickly eliminate mass groups of players by hitting them with bull helm)
- If you shoot someone wearing Spike Gear with a Bow, you used to take damage as well, until 0.53.
- The Bush Gear is distinguishable from other bushes due to the size and shape being different.
- Never wear the Bull Helmet when you are not fighting or you will spend a lot of food keeping the health up due to the health reduction. You can also equip the angel wings to cancel the damage.
- Sometimes wearing an expensive hat could be used so not many people will want to attack you, hats can be used to show your level. So if you wear a Bushido hat, fewer people will try to attack you as if you wore Bush Gear, even if you are weaker and do not know how to fight.
- Using Demolisher Hat and Great Hammer together is good for destroying bases quickly.
- If you have the crossbow, it's good to have a Marksman Hat to boost its attack power. The Marksman Hat is cheap, and it doubles crossbow's attack power.
- Use hats that help melee attacks with katana which is the strongest melee weapon (samurai armor, spike gear, plague mask, bull helmet, etc).
- The Boost Hat is good for Hand Axe players as it makes them very speedy + they are already faster than sword players.
- The Sawblade cannot be seen while wearing the bush hat. This is handy if you want to lure players close to you, as the blade will damage them when they hit you.
- Most hats can be found in the Game Files by searching for moomoo.io/img/hats/hat_(hat number).png, however, hats 3 and 25 don't exist.
- As of update 0.897, the total cost to buy every single hat is 160,700 gold